Guestbook message cannot be processed

More
14 years 1 week ago #1530 by Tanja
Hi, I followed all instructions and have the guestbook online and almost working. Thanks for making this all go smooth so far. When I type in a message in the guestbook, the following appears:

Your Addition to the Guestbook could not be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

It has appeared for a few days. I have looked at other topics/faq and played around with the permissions of the files. All is now at 755 except for data which is at 777. The message still appears.

I appreciate some help to get the guestbook functioning.

Thanks in advance,

Tanja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #1531 by Pete
Hello Tanya,

What is most likely happening is that even though you are setting the permission of the file through FTP the Host is not setting the permission due to a policy restriction. Please contact your webhost and have them check the web directory FTP user's permission.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
13 years 11 months ago #1571 by Tanja
Dear Pete,

Since your last message I have been in extensive contact with my webhost. They have checked and confirm I have permission to change file permission. I rechecked and they confirm all file permissions are as instructed at 755 except for data directory and files (777).
They tried entering a message in the guestbook as well, and failed.

Even when I set all files and directories to 777, I get the error message as before that message cannot be processed.

I appreciate your time and effort to help me further and get the guestbook operating on my site: www.picture-poem.com/guestbook.html

Thanks in advance,

Tanja

More
13 years 11 months ago #1574 by Pete
Hello Tanja,

Would you be interested in us having one of our developers look at your server? If you are, please email your FTP information to support@digioz.com . I will have one of our developers take a look at your guestbook for you.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
13 years 11 months ago #1582 by Pete
Hello Tanja,

I had one of our developers look at your server. The problem was with your php.ini setting. The server was not returning the correct value for $_SERVER. We hard-coded the path to the data file into the add.php file and got it working for you. :)

Feel free to remove our test entries into your guestbook.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
12 years 5 months ago #2100 by porschehenk
Hello Pete,

I have installed the guestbook also and when i write a message i get the same error..
You wrote about php.ini that there is something wrong, i cant find that ini. my webstite is: www.oudeporschehuren.nl .

Can you help me that people can write messages?

Thank you very much...

Henk

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds