text decoration -bold

More
15 years 4 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1050 by smokeyjoe
when writing a message for the guestbook, i highlight some of the text and click on bold, then 2 bold tags appear after what i have just written and the text does not display as bold in the guestbook, but if i place the text inside the 2 bold tags it appears bold. is this the way it should work? as someone who doesn't know html will not put the text inside the bold tags. it is the same on all the other text decoration as well.
:?
also is there any reason why there is no click here to go back link when the image verification is input incorrectly. is it for security or just missed off.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1053 by smokeyjoe
Replied by smokeyjoe on topic text decoration -bold
when posting a new message, can anyone confirm where the bold tags appear after highlighting some text and clicking the bold button. My text that is highlighted when posting a new message does not show up as bold in the guestbook. I guess it is because the bold tags appear after the highlighted text not either side of the highlighted text as they do in this forum. What can i change to correct this. :cry:

More
15 years 3 months ago #1054 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic text decoration -bold
Hello Joe,

Please open a bug report on our SourceForge Project Bug Reports section here:

sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=663805

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 3 months ago #1056 by Nolly
Replied by Nolly on topic text decoration -bold
Hi smokeyjoe,

You cannot enbolden text by highlighting it and then clicking on the bold button.
It would be great if you could and maybe this should be added to the wishlist.

Something else that would also be good is as follows.

You get to a point in your message where you want to enbolden text so you click on the bold button.
Then you type the text to be enboldened. You follow that by clicking on the bold button.

Example.

I click bold and the following code is inserted,

\[b\]

Then I type my text,

This text is in bold.

Then I click bold again and the following code is inserted,

\[/b\]

The result would be This text is in bold.

Note that the backslashes would not be included. I put those in because this forum is reponding to the bold tags :roll:

In essence, the bold button is working as a toggle in this example.
With a little more code, you could give a warning when there is a bold open tag with a closing one.

When I use the Guestbook and want to enter some text in bold, I simply type in the tags around the text to be enboldened.
I do the same with the center (centre) and underline tags too.

Norman

More
14 years 11 months ago #1138 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic text decoration -bold
Yep, we have already coded this change in version 1.8, which is due to be released very soon.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds