fieldsize

More
15 years 3 months ago #1059 by matteo
fieldsize was created by matteo
hello, thanks for the use of your codes to make a guestbook. I am quite a newbie in working with HTLM and other codes, but I managed to get your guestbook through the HTLM code I found somewhere in the forum nicely in my own webpage. It is fully functional but how can I change the size of the guestbook, because now it uses only a narrow part of the table it is standing in. Field should become 620 pixels by 490 pixels or so. If you could help me with this it would be highly appriciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1060 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic fieldsize
Hi,

Please open the file "list.php" in notepad, find the following line:
Code:
echo "<table bgcolor=#EFEFEF bordercolor=#C0C0C0 border=1 width=500 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10><tr><td background=\"images/toolbar.jpg\" height=\"20\"></td></tr><tr><td>";

And replace it with this:
Code:
echo "<table bgcolor=#EFEFEF bordercolor=#C0C0C0 border=1 width=620 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10><tr><td background=\"images/toolbar.jpg\" height=\"20\"></td></tr><tr><td>";

Also open the file "guestbook.php", find this line:
Code:
<table width="100" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">

And replace it with the following:
Code:
<table width="620" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">

That should do it for you.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 3 months ago #1064 by matteo
Replied by matteo on topic fieldsize
Hello Pete,

Thanks for your fast reply. I just figured it out this afternoon and it was quite simple. The line to include in the HTMl page <iframe src='/guestbook/list.php?page=1&order=asc' width='100%'></iframe>, there I just had to replace 100% for my size and add a height value. And done. I also did what you wrote, then the guestbook moves to the top of the page instead of the middle, but it still doesn't adapt to table height. But now it is ok and i will try to adapt it to my site even better. Thanks anyway

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds