Internal Server Error

More
12 years 3 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #12167 by paul1261
Hi
I have installed the DigiOz Guestbook version1.7.2. on my website and chmod the maps/files as instructed in the help files
I'm getting this message:
Code:
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [url=mailto:webmaster@thuiskapper-jerry.nl]webmaster@thuiskapper-jerry.nl[/url] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

any advice pls ?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #12168 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Internal Server Error
Make sure all your guestbook files are have a file permission of 644, and all folders have a permission of 755 (with the exception of the "data" folder which should have a permission of 777). Also if you uploaded the files as the "root" user on your server you will have to chown the files to be owned by your website cpanel user.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #12241 by michaelwalker
Replied by michaelwalker on topic Internal Server Error
If our guest files are not having file permission of 644 then is it like this is reason behind internal server error????

More
12 years 2 months ago #12242 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Internal Server Error
Yes, not having the right permission on your PHP files would cause this error.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds