Upgrading Guestbook 1.x.x to 2.0.1

More
9 years 4 months ago #13923 by Hawk
Is there a tutorial on how to upgrade from the older 1.X.X to the 2.0.1? I looked but did not see one. Thanks!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #13924 by Hawk
Anyone? I am sure its out there, I just don't see it. I see from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 you just copy two files, but I am not sure from 1.X.X. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #13925 by Pete
What is your existing/lower version exactly? Is it 1.7.2 or lower?

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Pete.

More
9 years 4 months ago #13926 by Hawk
It is 1.7.2 according to the files in the Docs folder.

More
9 years 4 months ago #13927 by Pete
The data file format has not changed between Guestbook Versions 1.7.2 and 2.0.1. Here are the steps to upgrade:
  1. Rename your existing guestbook folder to from it's current name to "guestbook_old".
  2. Download Guestbook Version 2.0.1, and upload it to your server using FTP Software to a folder called "guestbook" in your public_html or www directory, installing the new guestbook as you normally would.
  3. Copy the file "list.txt" from your old guestbook (guestbook_old/data/list.txt) to the new guestbook (guestbook/data/list.txt) replacing the "list.txt" file in the new version of the guestbook.

This will upgrade your guestbook. You will then have to customize the new guestbook to fit your site if needed.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #13928 by Hawk
Thanks Pete,

I will give it a shot over the weekend. If I have any problems, I will post!!! Thanks again!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds