setup error

More
14 years 1 month ago #1480 by Leendert
setup error was created by Leendert
hi,

I'm trying to setup the DigiOz Guestbook, but I'm doing something wrong. I've build websites before but only in HTML never with PHP or any server technology. (so it's probably a pretty easy to fix mistake). After making the necessary changes I uploaded everything to my ftp server. The server had two root folders; 'www' and 'database'. I put every in the www-folder like I normally do. This is the message I get when trying to submit a post:
Code:
PHP Warning: fopen(data/message_post.log) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\www\wouterenstijniegaant\www\gastenboek\add.php on line 164 PHP Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\www\wouterenstijniegaant\www\gastenboek\add.php on line 165 PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\www\wouterenstijniegaant\www\gastenboek\add.php on line 166 PHP Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\www\wouterenstijniegaant\www\gastenboek\add.php on line 208

Hope anyone can help me with this problem

the guestbook can be found on:
www.wouterenstijniegaantrouwen.nl/gastenboek (sorry, in dutch!)

Thanx in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #1481 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic setup error
Hello Leendert,

Please give the following files and folder chmod 777 (read, write and execute permission for all):
Code:
www\gastenboek\data\ www\gastenboek\data\list.txt www\gastenboek\data\list_mod.txt www\gastenboek\data\message_post.log www\gastenboek\data\message_spam.log

That should take care of the write problem for you.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
14 years 1 month ago #1482 by Leendert
Replied by Leendert on topic setup error
Thanks, I believe I already did that in FileZilla, but know I read in the properties of the files that the server doesn't support changes in the file-excces.

I'll ask my provider what to do...

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds