Warnings

More
14 years 1 month ago #1485 by lienetrien
Warnings was created by lienetrien
Hi,

I tried to install a guestbook on my website: www.lauraderudder.be/guestbook and I got the following warnings:

Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php:5) in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5 Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php:5) in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5 Warning: include(language/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5 Warning: include(language/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5

Can somebody help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #1486 by lienetrien
Replied by lienetrien on topic Warnings
I have found a solution already for the first one, so only 4 left ;-)
Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/list.php:5) in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/list.php on line 5 Warning: include(language/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5 Warning: include(language/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/header.php on line 5

More
14 years 1 month ago #1487 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Warnings
Lets work on your warnings one at a time. Regarding this error:
Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/list.php:5) in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/list.php on line 5

This usually happens when you have other HTML before the following code in the header.php file:
Code:
<?php session_start(); ?>

Looking at the HTML of the guestbook, the following HTML is coming before the Session start:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head>

Is this HTML being inserted by your webhost? You will need to remove it to get rid of the warning.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
14 years 1 month ago #1488 by lienetrien
Hi Pete,

many thanks, it worked.
In the meantime, I also found the solution for the language warnings.
No warnings any more on the first page.

Now I pressed the button to add a message and I got the following warnings:
Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/guestbook.php:4) in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/guestbook.php on line 4
Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/guestbook.php:4) in /home/laurader/public_html/guestbook/guestbook.php on line 4

I removed already the html and tried some other things, but it is not working yet.
Can you please help me again?

Many thanks

More
14 years 1 month ago #1489 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Warnings
I no longer see those two warnings on the guestbook. It looks however as if you have forgotten to set read, write and execute permission for some files to 777 (read, write and execute by all).

Make sure to set this permission for the "/data/" directory and all files inside it (specially list.txt). Also, have you changed anything on the "list.txt" file? If so post the changes here.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
14 years 1 month ago #1490 by lienetrien
Hé Pete,

you are right, they no longer appear.

I have added a message to the book, but if I look at the guestbook 'Gastenboek bekijken' nothing appears.
I'm also not able to login at the admin page.

Sorry to bother you so much.

Thank you very much for your help.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds