Matching colors

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1936 by Jos Vanhengel
Hello webmaster,

First of all: "Thank you for this great tool!"

I've managed to change a lot of colors and settings but, after exploring this site, there are still a few questions left.

1) For my website i have chosen for yellow characters. The problem is that this color doesn't match with the white administrator pages from the DigiOz Guestbook, nor with the white background in the searchfield.
2) Is it possible to send an email to TWO addresses?
For instance, if the admin lives on two addresses. 8)
3) How do i change the backgroundcolor of the small confirmation screen the visitor gets after submitting.
4) Your program only veryfys if there are characters in the "Your email" field. Is it possible to let it check the correctness of this address?

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Jos Vanhengel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1937 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Matching colors
Hello Jos,

Re 1) Try modifying the style.css file to set color for searchfield background, etc.
Re 2) You will have to create a forwarding email through your hosting control panel which forwards the email to multiple addresses, then specify that forwarding address in the config.php file.
Re 3) You can change it in add.php line 197.
Re 4) The email verification uses a preg match to determine if the general format is correct. There is currently no way to validate if the email address entered is an actual working email address (not that I know of). If you do find such a thing on the web somewhere do let me know.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
13 years 3 months ago #1938 by Jos Vanhengel
Replied by Jos Vanhengel on topic Matching colors
Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately ... a new problem occurred. :oops:
After following the procedure to add the name of the website to the header (as written here: www.mijn-eigen-website.nl/vragen ... -aanpassen ) , the text i added was written underneath the usual heading. Without that I noticed, a lot changed. After a while I discovered that the link to DigiOz (at the bottom of the page) was gone. I repaired the code in its original form, and the page appeared as before. Even some colors came back, but the link fell definitively off the page.

I don’t think this is fair towards the maker(s) of this free guestbook, so i want the link back at its place.

With my little knowledge of HTML and PHP i cannot repair that. :oops:

More
13 years 3 months ago #1939 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Matching colors
Can you post your header and footer code here?

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1940 by Jos Vanhengel
The header:
Code:
<?php session_start(); ?> <!-- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE BELLOW 3 LINES FROM YOUR HEADER FILE --> <?php include("gbclass.php"); include("config.php"); include("language/$default_language"); ?> <!-- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE ABOVE 3 LINES FROM YOUR HEADER FILE --> <html> <head> <title> Guestbook </title> <link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="style.css"> </head> <body bgcolor="#562144" text="#FF0066" link="#000000" vlink="#0000ff" alink="#ffff00"><center> <h1><?php echo $headingtitletxt ?></h1> <br><br> <center> [ [url=guestbook.php]<b><?php echo $addentrytxt ?></b>[/url] ] [ [url=list.php?page=1&order=asc]<b><?php echo $viewguestbooktxt ?></b>[/url] ]<br> [ [url=list.php?page=1&order=asc]<?php echo $newpostfirsttxt ?>[/url] ] [ [url=list.php?page=1&order=desc]<?php echo $newpostlasttxt ?>[/url] ]</center> <br> <form action="search.php" method=post> <table border=0 cellpadding=2> <tr> <td><font size="4"> <b>Zoekwoord</b>:</font></td> <td align=left><input type="text" name="search_term" size=20 maxlength=50><input type=submit value="Zoeken"></td> </tr> </table> </form> <br>

The footer:
Code:
<?php session_start(); ?> <!-- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE BELLOW 3 LINES FROM YOUR HEADER FILE --> <?php include("gbclass.php"); include("config.php"); include("language/$default_language"); ?> <!-- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE ABOVE 3 LINES FROM YOUR HEADER FILE --> <html> <head> <title> Guestbook </title> <link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="style.css"> </head> <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#FF0066" link="#000000" vlink="#0000ff" alink="#ffff00"><center> <h1><?php echo $headingtitletxt ?><br />van de 3 Pistolen<h1> <br><br> <center> [ [url=guestbook.php]<b><?php echo $addentrytxt ?></b>[/url] ] [ [url=list.php?page=1&order=asc]<b><?php echo $viewguestbooktxt ?></b>[/url] ]<br> [ [url=list.php?page=1&order=asc]<?php echo $newpostfirsttxt ?>[/url] ] [ [url=list.php?page=1&order=desc]<?php echo $newpostlasttxt ?>[/url] ]</center> <br> <form action="search.php" method=post> <table border=0 cellpadding=2> <tr> <td><font size="4"> <b>Zoekwoord</b>:</font></td> <td align=left><input type="text" name="search_term" size=20 maxlength=50><input type=submit value="Zoeken"></td> </tr> </table> </form> <br>

The result: www. 3pistolen. be/Gastenboek/ :oops:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Jos Vanhengel.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1941 by Jos Vanhengel

Pete wrote: ... There is currently no way to validate if the email address entered is an actual working email address (not that I know of). If you do find such a thing on the web somewhere do let me know.

Thanks,
Pete

Do you think this will work?
Code:
<?php ini_set('display_errors', 1); // 0 = uit, 1 = aan error_reporting(E_ALL); function checkemail($email) { // Kijk of er een @ in zit, zo nee false if(!stristr($email, '@')) { return false; } $email_split = explode("@", $email); // Er mag slecht één @ inzitten dus het array moet 2 records tellen if(count($email_split) != 2) { return false; } $email_user = $email_split[0]; $email_host = $email_split[1]; // Kijk of er MX-servers zijn, zo nee false if(!getmxrr($email_host, $var)) { return false; } // Kijk of het usergedeelte okee is, zo nee false if(!eregi("^[0-9a-z]([-_.~]?[0-9a-z])*$", $email_user)) { return false; } return true; } // Kijk of de POST waarde bestaat $email = (isset($_POST['email'])) ? $_POST['email'] : ''; // Het aanroepen van de functie if(!checkemail($email)) { echo 'Je emailadres is niet geldig<br />'; } else { echo 'Je emailadres is geldig<br />'; } // Het formulier echo '<br /> <form action= "" method="post"> <input name="email" type="text" /> <input type="submit" value="Check Emailaddress" /> </form>'; ?>

The explanations are in Dutch, but i am sure you will understand the characters inbetween. :wink:

Found on: phpwiki.santhe.nl/index.php/Check_het_emailadres_op_juistheid

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds