Redirect message, view it then either delete or append

More
17 years 4 months ago #637 by Norman
Hi, I have a requirement to redirect a message that is destined to be posted into the Guestbook into another file. That should not be too difficult but the next bit might be. I would then want to view the messages via a simple interface (much like viewing the normal Guestbook). Then via this interface, I want to be able to delete a message because it is not suitable or for whatever reason or allow it. If I allow it, I want it to be appended to the list.txt, that is, written to the Guestbook as if there was no intervention.
One other whistle that could be added is to send an email to the address (if supplied) with a fixed message that says something like, "This posting is not suitable for the Guestbook, please consider using the Forum".

Thanks, Norman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #645 by Pete

Norman wrote: Hi, I have a requirement to redirect a message that is destined to be posted into the Guestbook into another file. That should not be too difficult but the next bit might be. I would then want to view the messages via a simple interface (much like viewing the normal Guestbook). Then via this interface, I want to be able to delete a message because it is not suitable or for whatever reason or allow it. If I allow it, I want it to be appended to the list.txt, that is, written to the Guestbook as if there was no intervention.
One other whistle that could be added is to send an email to the address (if supplied) with a fixed message that says something like, "This posting is not suitable for the Guestbook, please consider using the Forum".

Thanks, Norman

This is on the wishlist for version 1.8:

- Guestbook Message Submission Approval
digioz.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=363

I added the user email notification if not approved to that wish item.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 4 months ago #647 by Norman
OK, so where can I download version 1.8 from.

I jest :lol:

Norman

More
17 years 4 months ago #648 by Pete

Norman wrote: OK, so where can I download version 1.8 from.

I jest :lol:

Norman

lol.... right now its mostly in my head. It's going to be tough downloading it from there though. :twisted:

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds