Multiple guestbook

More
11 years 10 months ago #12399 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Multiple guestbook
Hello Everyone,

I have reworked the Multiple Guestbook code and upgraded it to version 1.7.2, and tweaked it to support the full experience (Add, List and Search). You can view the code on our Github Repository here:

github.com/digioz/php/tree/mast ... .7.2_multi

Or you can download this version from the following link:

www.digioz.com/downloads/php/gue ... _multi.zip

To add a new guestbook, open config.php file in notepad, and find this code block:
Code:
// Multiple guestbook settings ----------------------------------------------------- $gbName = array(); $gbName[] = "Guestbook 1"; $gbName[] = "Guestbook 2"; $gbName[] = "Guestbook 3";

Add a new line to the list, like so:
Code:
$gbName[] = "Guestbook 4";

Next, navigate to the folder "/data" in your guestbook folder, and add a file called "list4.txt", giving it read,write and execute permission (chmod 777). That's all you have to do! You can add or remove guestbooks in this manner as needed.

[attachment=0:ars6p2gf]<!-- ia0 -->DigiOz_Guestbook_1.7.2_Multiple_Guestbooks.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:ars6p2gf]

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #12400 by cpunter
Replied by cpunter on topic Multiple guestbook
Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your help and time taken to answer my personal mails.

I figured it might be helpful to others if I shared my quest on this page, so here goes. After first having tried the earlier single guestbook, I've now followed the steps above to install Multi Guestbook. It's very straightforward and seems to work well.

However, what I am looking for is a manner to place a separate guestbook section under each of my website articles, much in a comments manner. For this to work, somehow every page for which I want a separate guestbook should only show the associated guestbook, not all of them.

Is this possible?

More
11 years 10 months ago #12401 by cpunter
Replied by cpunter on topic Multiple guestbook
Small addition to my post above: I see that there is posted more about this subject, even someone (ragou) requesting the same as I want. Only, I just cannot figure it out. Do his suggestions and your comments to his questions work with your current 1.7.2 multi version?

More
11 years 10 months ago #12402 by Pete
You could use iFrame to accomplish this. What you would do is to place an iframe box using the following code on the first page:
Code:
<iframe SRC="./guestbook/list.php?page=1&order=asc&gb=1" id="InlineFrame1" style="width:540px;height:830px;background-color:#ffffff;" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Then for the second page, you would change "gb=2" at the end of the "SRC" of the iframe, and so forth and so on.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
11 years 10 months ago #12403 by ragou
Replied by ragou on topic Multiple guestbook
Hi Pete,
Greetings from Bulgaria. I still use your GB on (in, at - I don't know) my website. All I can say is thank you.
P.S. About publicity - if you go to google.bg and type "zarko" (this is my first name) I'll be the first. And your GB is still represented.
Good luck to you and try to survive through these hard times.
Thank you again
Zarko

More
11 years 10 months ago #12404 by Pete
Thank you Zarko! It is good to hear you are well and that the guest book is still working for you. :)

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds