Add fields

More
15 years 4 months ago #1043 by smokeyjoe
Replied by smokeyjoe on topic Add fields
hi
i have successfully loaded the guestbook onto my website, but i wanted to add the country field as well, but everytime i try to view the instruction swf.file i get a runtime error just when you are on the 3rd page add.php. is there anywhere i can download the file to play it . i have tried to view it in IE and firefox, firefox won't even display it at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #1044 by smokeyjoe
i have tried to view the www.digioz.com/tutorials/Adding_ ... k.swf.html page in google chrome as well but the screen just goes red when starting playback of the add.php page :x :?

can you help
Brian

More
15 years 4 months ago #1045 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Add fields
Brian,

Send me an email to webmaster@digioz.com . I will send you a link to the AVI version you can download.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 4 months ago #1051 by smokeyjoe
thanks for the email. does the search.php page have to be changed as well. i have changed mine to the below
Code:
// Display search page results using our start and end points defined. for($i=$start; $i<=$end; $i++){ // Display page or part of page echo "<table bgcolor=#E9FEFF bordercolor=#ffffff border=2 width=600 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10><tr><td background=\"images/toolbar.jpg\" height=\"20\"><tr><td>"; echo "<b>$listDatetxt: </b>"; $search_results[$i]->showDate(); echo "<br><b>$listnametxt: </b>"; $search_results[$i]->showFrom(); echo "<br><b>$listemailtxt: </b><a href=\"mailto:"; $search_results[$i]->showEmail(); echo "\">"; $search_results[$i]->showEmail(); echo""; echo "<br><b>$listcountrytxt: </b>"; $search_results[$i]->showCountry(); echo "<br><br><b>$listMessagetxt: </b>"; $search_results[$i]->showMessage(); echo "</td></tr></table><br>"; print"\n"; }
basically just adding similar to what you added on the list.php.page. you may want to include it in your video for anyone else adding a new field to the guestbook.
thanks for a great guestbook. :)

More
15 years 4 months ago #1052 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Add fields
You are correct, assuming that you want to be able to search for the new field as well.

Glad you found it useful. :)

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
14 years 3 months ago #1419 by Irma
Replied by Irma on topic Add fields
hi Pete,
I want to add a field to the guestbook too but those video's don't work.
Don't get furhter than the start of 'add' than my computer stops and I get an error message.
Please sent me a link where I could watch this instruction video in IE8.
Thank you (again :) ),
Irma

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds