Character encoding

More
14 years 8 months ago #1196 by ragou
Replied by ragou on topic Character encoding
There is two letters more in russian alphabet
"ы" and "э". Тhere are no words in russian starting with "ы", therefore capital letter is useless.
If you send me language file for 1.8 I will translate it in Bulgarian and Rusiian with pleasure.
Bes regards.
Zarko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1197 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Character encoding
Hello Zarko,

Here is the default language file for English. If you could translate them, and put them back in a zip file before uploading it here it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1198 by ragou

More
14 years 8 months ago #1199 by ragou
Are these useful for you?
And something more - In the current version in add.php for example there is such message:
"You are attempting to submit this entry from an UNAUTHORIZED LOCATION. Your IP Number and Address has been logged.<br>Please be warned that continuing your attempt<br>to flood this guestbook may result<br>in legal action against you and your organization."
This is not included in your language file, so even the user changes language he will recieve such messages in English .
Maybe you should declare them as strings and put them in the language file.
It's just a proposal. I'm not a PHP programmer (otherwise I would be able to write a guestbook myself).
Best regards!
Zarko

More
14 years 8 months ago #1200 by ragou
Hi again,
And one more thing - adding a picture.
Not by the usual and completely useless way (img /img). There are few users that will be able to write down the URL of the picture they want to appear with their message. It's just a guestbook for god sake, for everyone.
Just a simple uploader. Resizer of course, even thumbnail and a bigger (or real) size option.
I understand that becomes more looking like a message board, but this is an option forced by the circumstance that young people prefer to see an immage rather then letters. Many of them prefer to represent themselves (or their opinion) by immage.
I realize that this means to write a completely new script, with new construction, but unfortunately this is the way it is.
Pete,
I am very pleased that you are so kind answering (to?) all my questions.
On my site I've put your GB for downloading imaloednovreme.com/guestbook.zip
providing your site in imaloednovreme.com/downloads.htm where I call you "an excellent american" (in fact I call you "fried american" which means the same in Bulgarian").
I am not sending these links to you forcing you to click on them. I am popular enough. Just write in google "zarko", or "зарко". Unfortunately it's only in Bulgarian. I've created it accidentaly just for a night spending.
I am a retired man who used to be called "Dr", now I am just zarko. I have a daughter PHD now making for living as a vice CEO of a big company, widower and Finlandia and Heineken lover. I've graduated in Russia (building (or construction) engineer, becoming a PHD in Bulgaria) and that's because I can translate everything in Russian.
Sorry for my English (Listening The Beatles was my school).
We have never been under British, or American influence, communists forbade everythyng that comes from USA and Western Europe and it was so hard even to listen western music (they could brake your life forever and they did.) Now we are relatively free, but I am too old.
Everyday I clicк on DigiOz.coм carrying in my contibution to your site.
Sorry for this river of words, but Finlandia is a good adviser.
Finishing this I would like to wish you all the best.
Best regards.
Zarko.
P.S.
It wasn't a real post about the subject and I am sorry.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1209 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Character encoding
Hello Zarko,

I am going to put adding of the few validation errors text to the language at the top of my guestbook priority list.

As far as your image uploading suggestion, we already did that for you, didn't we?

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds