Lastest guestbooks posts in home page

More
9 years 5 months ago #13901 by Pete
Donations are always welcome and appreciated, but you don't have to feel obligated to pay as this is an Open Source Project. Still, if you do want to do that send it to digioz@gmail.com.

I actually already started working on it and have the basic skeleton done. I will try to finish up soon.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #13902 by Tomiix
Okay i will donate when that is done. Nice to hear that project is a working in progress.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Tomiix.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #13903 by Pete
Here is the first version of the code:
Code:
<?php /** * Created by DigiOz Multimedia. * User: Pete Soheil * Date: 11/13/14 * Time: 9:15 AM */ // Declare configuration variables $gbInstances = array(); $gbInstances[] = 'guestbook1'; $gbInstances[] = 'guestbook2'; // Body of the code do not modify $configPath = $gbInstances[0]."/config.php"; include($configPath); $langPath = $gbInstances[0]."/language/".$default_language; include($langPath); include($gbInstances[0]."/gbclass.php"); foreach($gbInstances as $gbInstance) { // Read Entries $filename = $gbInstance . "/data/list.txt"; //echo $filename."<br>"; $handle = fopen($filename, "r"); if (filesize($filename) == 0) { // print "There are currently no entries to display"; } else { // Read Data from GB instance $datain = fread($handle, filesize($filename)); fclose($handle); //echo $datain; $out = explode("<!-- E -->", $datain); // Loop through the array for ($i=0; $i<5; $i++) { $lines[$i] = unserialize($out[$i]); } $linesDisplayed = 0; $linesCount = count($lines); if ($linesCount > 5) { $linesCount = 5; } // Display the entry for ($j=0; $j<$linesCount; $j++) { //echo $i."<br>end-".$end."-start-".$start; echo "<table bgcolor=#EFEFEF bordercolor=#C0C0C0 border=1 width=500 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10><tr><td background=\"images/toolbar.jpg\" height=\"20\"></td></tr><tr><td>"; echo "<b>$listDatetxt: </b>"; $lines[$j]->showDate(); echo "<br><b>$listnametxt: </b>"; $lines[$j]->showFrom(); echo "<br><b>$listemailtxt: </b><a href=\"mailto:"; $lines[$j]->showEmail(); echo "\">"; $lines[$j]->showEmail(); echo "</a><br><br><b>$listMessagetxt: </b>"; $lines[$j]->showMessage(); echo "</td></tr></table><br>"; } } } ?>

All you have to do is to change the following lines at the top:
Code:
$gbInstances[] = 'guestbook1'; $gbInstances[] = 'guestbook2';

You can add additional guestbook instances to the list, and it will list them all one by one. Here the assumption is that the list.php file that is running is one directory level above all guestbook instances.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. I didn't do a whole lot of testing with it, so I am hoping you can test it for me. :)

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Pete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomiix

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #13904 by Tomiix
Finally my network works fine, that is reason why i answer now. So i tested this code first orginal guestbook (nothing changed, everything is orginal than 1.7.3 guestbook is), but make error the end..... "Call to a member function showDate() on a non-object in /home/somester/public_html/1/test.php on line 72". Error make () marks.
Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #13905 by Pete
Your test.php file should be at "/home/somester/public_html/test.php", not inside the "1" folder, so move it up a folder level.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Pete.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #13907 by Tomiix
Yes i tested that and I got same problem.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds